quinta-feira, 20 de abril de 2017

SIGNAL OPERATOR AND PROJECTS ( INTERVIEW )



  
    




     Firstly. I would like to say thanks for you my friend for accepted to make an interview on DECADENCE BLOG.  Is a honor for me.


S 1) So tell me more about you and how did you know the EBM scene?

 Emerson Felix: The pleasure is all mine, I'm 45 years old and more than half of my life is somehow related to alternative music in general, it all started when I was 17 years old when on a trip with friends and I ended up listening to the Front 242 album, Front By Front was incredible and since then an incessant search for more information has never had an end, to the point where I wanted to express and make my compositions.

2)      There are many awesome bands around the world,however there are  special bands that we love. Then I would like to know what bands do you like? And tell me 10 brazilians bands and 10 international bands...

Emerson Felix : Well this is a not so easy question because my musical taste has changed a lot over the years if this question was asked 10 years ago the answer would be very direct and easy, but let's start it with the national bands, which will be an injustice because the list is much bigger ...

Morgue, Symbols, Harry, Security Device, Self & Inhumanoids, Brutal Divergenz, Aghast View, Homicide Division, Anti Aircraft, City Limits.


Resultado de imagem para banda Harry
HARRY. RIP Johnny Hansen.



There are some that are fixed and immutable like Project Pitchfork, Mentallo & The Fixer, Leaether Strip, DVA Clock, Front Line Assembly, and some that I have heard a lot in recent times like Trust, Proximate Force, Minuite Machine, Luminance, Detachments

      3) In your opinion,what do you think about Brazilian EBM scene? 

Emerson Felix : Well nowadays I live far away from the capital ( São Paulo ) and I do not follow the nightlife, but if you stop to think that the last electronic music festival dedicated to national bands was more than 20 years old something is not going well.

4)      Do you have many contacts in other countries? And what do they think about your projects?
 
Emerson Felix : Yes many contacts abroad, and for sure and where I have a higher return from my work, requests for remixes, participations in compilations, people wanting more information about my projects

5)      Do you have many projects? And I would like to know which do you like more and why?

 Emerson Felix : Yes I have some projects, but some time I decided to close some to focus on only two, but they are Signal Operator (EBM), Êlémentaire (Minimal Wave), and the enclosed, Kapital (Anhalt), Memory Flow (Undefined).




I can not tell which of the two and what I like the most because they are distinct and the differences are what pleases me they serve as an escape valve between them and this keeps me active.



       6) In your opinion what do you think about EBM scene around the world? And what is the best place for it?

Emerson Felix: I think that electronic music is turning into some cases for worse what attracted me 20 years ago was the innovation and creativity, nowadays I only see mergers happen in the case of EBM and worse because it seems that everyone is doing the Same thing, and how do you put EBM and Techno in the blender and everyone now wants to do it where is the creativity? Where is this innovation? I love EBM from the 90's but few bands have really done something innovative and personality.
And with regard to a place to go in the 90's would be Germany without a second thought, but nowadays surely I would go to the United States many small bands doing a great job.


7)      Do you like other styles of music or only electronic music?

 Emerson Felix: I like music, I was able to break many years ago the limitation of the ideology of being stuck to a certain style or genre

8)      What do you think about new bands around the world and here in Brazil?

 Emerson Felix: I can still get motivated when I listen to a minimal wave band from Hong Kong, or I see 50-year-olds doing EBM because of course they've lived the heights of it all and still feel motivated to do their music when I listen to young people Inspiring artists doing interesting songs not following a fad or trying to fit in something, when I see a small label throwing totally obscure bands, or when I see a Brazilian band playing outside the country, this motivates me a lot.

9)      How is the Substage records and when you will show the new compilation RECONSTRUCTED DEVICE II?

Emerson Felix : Substage Rekords was born between 92/93 initially for the distribution of the band Anti Aircraft and therefore Organic Insight but soon after I was a long time without activity when I returned with my projects I thought of using it as a channel to distribute my own material, as I felt that the scenario Local was dispersed I thought to do the first collection which in my point of view we had a very satisfactory result, then we are going to volume 2 that is very close to materialize.



         10) Send a message for your fans my friend you are free for it...

If they exist please send news lol, I believe that I have great friends united by music, a hug to all of you

CONTACTS:







2 comentários:

  1. nice interview, great blog congrats,im promoting my latest ep Brutal Society please have a listen and let me know what you think of it https://soundcloud.com/thekan/sets/brutal-society

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Nice Job mate I will send a message for you on soundcloud....

    ResponderExcluir